Greetings AVANCE-Austin Ambassador!
Please use the following information as you need to share the mission and vision of our organization. We empower you to invite your connections to learn about the great work YOU support and explain how AVANCE makes bigger and brighter futures!
Facebook Header Graphic
|STD goes out with March newsletter
|Segmented emailed invite from Jessica goes out
|Headers on all channels change and FB event is posted to reflect campaign
|1 week out reminders go out
|Virtual Dia de los Ninos FB event with social media 10 day countdown
|Dia de las Madres Mariachi Video is Posted
WAYS TO HELP:
Make an early donation toward the campaign, reach out to your coworkers, friends, family, and neighbors to request early donations / sponsorships, share AVANCE-Austin social media posts, and save the dates for the 10-day Spring Campaign.
Example personal messages you can use:
Personal message for someone new to AVANCE:
Hey friend, I’m raising money for AVANCE-Austin this month. As an active board member, I truly believe that supporting parents and children through 2-generation education will help dreams become realities for Latinx families living in poverty. It’s been an especially hard year for Spanish-speaking adults because of COVID and the recent Winter Storm. But AVANCE stepped up and ensured they did not feel isolated. Parents have been receiving food and diaper distributions, along with financial stability through gift cards since last March and will continue through May. Please help me in my endeavors to ensure AVANCE reaches even more families for the upcoming Summer Literacy and Nutrition Program. Invest in your community today by making a donation here: avanceaustin.org/support-us/donate
Personal message for someone who’s donated to AVANCE before:
Hi friend! AVANCE-Austin is honoring mothers and their children in the first-ever AVANCE-Austin Diez Dias Celebration which begins on Dia de los Niños and ends on Dia de los Madres. You have helped me reach my fundraising goals in the past and I am so thankful for you. Will you please consider a gift today to help us reach our new goal of $25,000 this Spring 2021? And, now until May, every dollar donated will be MATCHED so your investment will be DOUBLED. Help me uplift our community by making a donation here: avanceaustin.org/support-us/donate
Dia del Niño Event Graphics
Example wording to use with invite:
- 1 1/2 hour each week with Parenting Curriculum, Early Childhood Activities, and Toymaking Sessions for 9 months
- Monthly distributions at 2 separate locations of educational and art supplies, books, diapers, wipes, and infant formula
- Bi-weekly home visitations with shared community resources based on assessments
- Weekly resource hours with community partners for current PCEP participants and alumni
COVID-19 Related Additions
- Providing families with cash assistance and H-E-B gift cards
- Delivering a box of groceries to the homes of 135 families on a weekly basis thanks to a newly formed partnership with Cap Metro and El Buen Samaritano (over 20,000 meals)
- Distribution of relevant, culturally-sensitive information in Spanish regarding COVID-19 safety, vaccine health, and other community resources to 1200+ families on a daily basis through classes and a private Facebook group
- Digital Inclusiveness by providing 238 families with brand new tablets, internet connectivity, and digital literacy training
2-gen Workforce Development Opportunities with early childhood activities provided by Austin Public Library
- English as a Second Language classes with Austin Community College
- Entrepreneurship classes with Economic Growth Business Incubator
- GED/HSE courses and testing with Community Action and Kyle Public Library
Tips for Creating a Facebook Fundraiser
How- to Create a Fundraiser
*Note: "Dark mode" is enabled on Facebook screenshots below
- Go to Facebook and click on fundraisers on your left side of your dashboard (you may have to click to see more items.)
- Click Select a non-profit.
- Search for AVANCE-Austin and click on it. It will prompt you to set a dollar amount, and when to end the fundraiser.
- Click next and you will be prompted to come up with a title and an explanation of why you are raising money for AVANCE-Austin. You can change or add what they have provided. The AVANCE mission statement can be found at the top of this document and impact results can be found on the AVANCE-Austin website at avanceaustin.org
- Click next when you are finished and you will be prompted to add a cover photo, you are again provided with one but can change it if desired. Then click create and you´re finished.
Indiana University Lily Family School of Philantropy - 2019 Report
72% gave to people they know
Giving USA - 2019 Report
- ↑ Giving to education is estimated to have increased 12.1%, to $64.11 billion. Adjusted for inflation, giving to education organizations increased 10.1%.
- ↑ Giving to human services increased by an estimated 5.0% in 2019, totaling $55.99 billion. Adjusted for inflation, giving to human services organizations increased by 3.1%.